Sunday, January 6, 2013

Out of immense heartbreak.....

What is a rape? For me it is not only a sexual assault but much more than that. I feel each and every day hundreds and thousands of us are raped. And I am not only talking about women.

We are ruled by a bunch of inept people who rape us everyday. They make public comments and try to pass laws which are nowhere near to the solutions which should be given and thats how they rape us everyday. They tell us to wear overcoats to stop being raped!!! They tell us to stay at home and not go out at night to stop being raped!!! They tell us not to have chow mien and cold drinks because that gets us raped!!!

Does any of these solutions make any sense to any sane and smart person. The reason I am saying sane and smart is because it is evident that these politicians certainly do not have these qualities!!! Why are we still electing these people!!! Why are we allowing ourselves to be ruled by a bunch of parochial old heads who are only pulling us down. Who will never grow and neither let us develop.

We had globalised and liberalised our economy in the 90s but our minds, our society is still in the shackles of our yester years. What we need now is the liberalisation of our society, liberalisation of our thoughts and our culture. What we need now are leaders who are courageous enough to convict the criminals and not blame the rape survivor saying she asked for it!!!!

When I try to think about the main root of our problem, I see that the roots are far stretched,wide and deep. There isn't one particular reason but its a amalgamation of several  things, several thoughts which have been instilled into our minds since we are born and which we are taught to cling onto till our death and even worse, kill anyone who defies those norms in the name of culture!!!! What is our culture!!!! This is certainly not my culture. I would never want to be associated with it if it is this.

I am so sick of all this now. I think I am glad that I am no longer in that place. Its not that I don't love my country its just that I have developed immense loathe for its AAM ADMI now!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment