Friday, December 28, 2012

Scribbling my thoughts......

With the entire nation fuming over the inhuman sexual assault of a young twenty three year old girl in the capital a few days back, there is a harsh reality that the nation and its vigilant citizens is facing today. Will our daughters, our sisters, our mothers and wives ever be safe in this nation? And the sad thing is....these horrendous incidents are happening all over the country.....

A lot of people are protesting about it on the streets. Many experts are commenting on how such incidents should be handled. How the culprits ought to be punished. I personally feel there will be no change whatsoever. Call me a pessimist but I know I was never one of them until I realised that every system, be it the police, the courts and the laws, the medical reports of victims......everything is manipulated. Everything is controlled like puppets with strings and what appals me is there is no honesty left in any of these systems anymore. If one is honest, then they are either transferred, threatened, abducted or worse....killed!!!!

So many things need changes.....need reformations. The government for start needs to be changed. Sometimes I wonder how come these people got elected in the first place!!! This only reflects what we are as citizens.

Second, the police force needs to realise that they are appointed to serve us and not abuse their power on us. The police force ought to realise that they are an independent body whose objective is to help the citizens and not harass them.

Thirdly, I have a personal request to the media to try not to sell news but to give the people a true picture of a situation and incident. The media personalities have a social responsibility like no other I believe because how they portray an incident determines the public response to that situation.

I also believe the courts have a responsibility towards the citizens to give them justice in a fast a swift manner. It's sad to know that many people have died with their cases still pending in courts.

And these are just a few places to start from. I know its easier said than done. But I think the people of this nation have suffered a lot and it seems to me that the worst is yet to come. We don't need a Gandhi now, we don't need a Bhagat Singh......we want hundreds and thousands of them.

May the good win over evil......Let there be light again.....Amen....


No comments:

Post a Comment