Wednesday, January 20, 2010

It's cold out here.......

I could not feel my hands. I didn’t know if I still had my feet. I couldn’t feel them either. As I inched my way through the thick fog enveloping the entire span of my vision I let out an audible sigh wondering when was it coming to an end. Surreptitiously I peeked through the Eskimo hood of my super Eskimo jacket to catch a glimpse of the clouds hovering over our heads promising another gloomy and sun shunned day. I am not a winter person. The cold spreads through my outer shell like slow venom, paralysing my movements and  ability of rational thinking. If brain dead due to extreme cold was possible I would’ve been its first victim!!!!! It is the coldest year since I first came to this place. Nothing about this place is moderate. Extremity is its speciality. Be it winter or summer. The summers are intolerable with almost 20 hours of power failure and winters were a curse for people like me. As I reached the classroom I could see the tip of my nose.....red nose. My cheeks felt pinned by thousands of invisible needles. I was breathing out smoke. Wow I don’t need to smoke for that now!!!!!! Not that I do.....but it felt wonderful to find smoke coming out of your nostrils like a Dragon!!!!!!I I am a Dragon according to Chinese horoscope, so I presume it suits me well and besides my smouldering personality compliments it. With the days dragging by each breath seems like a conscious effort now. The frigidness of the weather and the people around seep in surreptitiously numbing my senses. I wish to be sensible again. I crave for sensitivity like never before. Let it be warm again. Your frigidness is murderous........

No comments:

Post a Comment