Tuesday, April 7, 2009

MEMORIES.........

As I got up this morning I felt an uneasiness sweep me. I took a look at the watch and it blinked back 4:55am at me. I've been surprising myself with my super improving levels of insomania each day now. I tossed and turned on the bed fighting to put myself back to slumber but all in vain. Finally I gave up and got dressed to get back to hell. Well you must be wondering what is hell? It is the place I study in. Not that it's hellish in any ordinary way but everytime I step into it I get nostalgic and a gust of melancholy hits me hard on my face. Lets just say my memories associated with it are not pleasant and a few of them which were- were like the LILY. Short lived but yes very beautiful indeed. On my way to class I picked up the newspaper and scanned the headlines when a piece of news attracted my attention. A MOLECULE THAT DELETES MEMORY!!! Now that's something all of us would like to get hold of. We all have memories we want to get rid of or never think of ever again. But my recent experience has only proved that the things we want to forget the most are the ones we think of the most! It's at these testing times that we realise how good our memories are. Well this molecule I was reading about was developed by scientists in Brooklyn which could make one forget a chronic fear, traumatic loss or even a bad habit. As I further read on my spirits were soaring high. I could finally free myself from the memories tormenting me for the past few months. But as I finished the article I was left with a dilemma. Was it the solution to my tormented sleepless nights? Did i really want to get rid of those memories?

As I struggled with my own thoughts throughout the day I realised sabotaging my memories was not the answer but embracing them was. And maybe I wouldn't call this place hell if I wasn't embroiling but pacifying my emotions associated with those memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment